R&D Engineer, Computational Microscopy
Led by Shalin Mehta, the Computational Microscopy platform at the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub pursues measurement of physical properties of biological systems with increasing precision, resolution, and throughput. We exploit diverse light-matter interactions and algorithms to measure architecture and dynamics of molecules, organelles, cells, organoids, and tissues.
We are recruiting an Engineer to develop computational microscopes for imaging architecture and dynamics of molecular assemblies in live cells and organoids. The primary applications of these methods are in neuroscience, mapping sub-cellular atlas, and infectious diseases.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Resources to invent imaging and computational methods that advance knowledge of biology and diseases.
- A collegial and collaborative environment consisting of diverse expertise. We collaborate with Biohub’s research teams focused on Infectious Diseases, Cell Atlas, Bioengineering, Genome Editing, and Data Science.
- Access to collaborators, resources and facilities at UCSF, Berkeley and Stanford.
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with the experience.
- Conceiving, modeling, and building label-free and fluorescence microscopes for dynamic 3D imaging.
- Developing algorithms for retrieval of physical properties of the specimen from multi-dimensional data.
- Collaborating with Biohub’s Data Science team on scaling up analysis and deployment.
- Collaborative biological experiments.
- PhD or MS in engineering, physics, biophysics, bioengineering, or a related discipline. Candidates with MS are expected to have at least 3 years of research experience.
- Expertise in wave optics, optical system design, and microscopy.
- Experience in deconvolution, optimization, or machine learning.
- Experience in polarization microscopy, phase microscopy, image scanning microscopy, structured illumination microscopy, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy, correlative fluorescence-electron microscopy, or related field.
- Experience with diversity of imaging approaches for live cell imaging.
- Demonstrated experience of addressing biological questions with imaging based assays.
This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered. CZ Biohub is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.