Research Associate | STEM 2017
We are seeking a talented undergraduate STEM major eager to apply their training to cutting-edge multidisciplinary biomedical research in our Infectious Diseases, Cell Atlas, and Genome Engineering groups. We are especially interested in helping aspiring graduate/medical candidates get the research experience needed for a successful application, and in fostering career development through dedicated seminars and shadowing opportunities.
If you’re graduating in 2017 or a recently graduated STEM major with a passion for collaboration, working at the bench, building things, and generating and analyzing big data, the CZ Biohub is the place for you!
Specific responsibilities may include:
- NGS library preparation, sequencing, and analysis – for bulk and single cell applications
- CRISPR-based genome editing
- DNA and RNA extraction from preparative lab sources and isolated clinical specimens
- DNA synthesis, manipulation, amplification, and cloning
- Maintenance and manipulation of diverse mammalian tissue culture cell lines
- Cell sorting and flow cytometry
- Cell imaging via standard fluorescence, confocal, and high content imaging instruments
- Protein expression and purification for biochemical and biophysical assay development
- Developing and prototyping novel instrumentation and devices
- Adapting diverse biological assays to scale via automation
- B.S. in a STEM discipline (molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, chemistry, physics, engineering, math), with 1 year of independent undergraduate research study
- Must be highly collaborative, team-oriented, familiar with scientific software for analyzing and reporting data, and have excellent written and oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
You’ll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. You’ll love a challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong scientific rigor, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, and an extraordinary culture. Our lab space is located in Mission Bay.
This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered.